What you’ll learn
- You’ll learn the fundamentals of drawing
- You’ll learn about materials Like the different pencil lead weights and what each one is best used for
- Shading techniques
- How to manage line weight
- A process and structure to creating a drawing from start to finish, that’s easy for anyone to manage!
- How to simplify objects to make them easy to draw!
- How to recognize and draw using planes
- How to light (and even photograph) a subject to make drawing easier (And how to light a portrait)
- Different approaches to drawing to see what works best for you
- An approach to preliminary shading and how to easily shade to create realism in your drawings!
- How to use mistakes to your advantage
- How to get more energetic, dynamic drawings and keep them from looking stagnant
- A system to draw hands, eyes, portraits and any object imaginable!
- How to create and use axis lines to make getting proportions easy
- Techniques to draw a viewers attention to desired focal points in your drawings
- Visualization and simplification techniques
- A quick easy trick to making sure you get perfect values and shading every time!
- An easy system for drawing hair
- How to draw a portrait from scratch!
- No previous experience is necessary
- You’ll need a short list of supplies like paper, a ruler and pencils, etc. (See the supply list video for specific instructions on materials)
I designed this course to work for everyone, even students who claim they can barely draw a stick figure! Its made to help you to progress quickly and get to enjoy drawing!
You’ll learn time honored drawing techniques combined with contemporary approaches, delivered to you in a no nonsense, no fluff video edited to match anyones pace perfectly! You’ll learn techniques I’ve adapted by masters like Leonardo Da Vinci, William Adolphe Bougereau and John singer sergeant as well as lighting techniques by Rebrandt Van Rijn.
By the end of this course you will have learned and applied a step by step approach to drawing. And with practice, you should be able to produce academic quality drawings of any subject your heart desires
The lesson plan consists of over 8 Hours of clear professionally filmed and edited content. And I’m available throughout the day and evening for support and to answer any of your questions.Who this course is for:
- Anyone from absolute beginners to experienced artists who want to learn or master a traditional drawing technique.
- Anyone who wants to learn a creative skill that’s built on drawing, like digital animation, painting, architecture or design