What you’ll learn
- Operations, including order of operations (PEMDAS) and like-terms
- Fractions, exponents, and radicals, including advanced operations with all three
- Equations and systems of equations, including inverse operations, direct and inverse variation, and distance/rate/time problems
- Graphing, including parallel and perpendicular lines, and parabolas
- Polynomials and factoring, including the quadratic formula and completing the square
- Functions, including domain and range, and sums and products of functions
- Inequalities, including trichotomy and graphing inequalities and conjunctions on a number line
- Exponential and logarithmic functions, including laws of logs, change of base, and graphing
- You should be comfortable with arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) of whole numbers.
- You should be comfortable with arithmetic of decimals, fractions, exponents, and radicals.
- We’ll start the course with basic algebraic operations, so if you know those arithmetic basics, you’ll be well prepared for the course.
HOW BECOME AN ALGEBRA MASTER IS SET UP TO MAKE COMPLICATED MATH EASY:
This 473-lesson course includes video and text explanations of everything from Algebra, and it includes 125 quizzes (with solutions!) and an additional 21 workbooks with extra practice problems, to help you test your understanding along the way. Become an Algebra Master is organized into the following sections:
- Operations and rules of equations
- Simple equations and advanced equations
- Like terms
- Functions and manipulating functions
- Inequalities and graphing inequalities
- Graphing points, lines, parabolas, and circles
- Systems of two equations and systems of three equations
- Polynomials and factoring
- Exponents and radicals
- Ratio and proportion, complex fractions, and rational expressions
- Imaginary numbers
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
AND HERE’S WHAT YOU GET INSIDE OF EVERY SECTION:
Videos: Watch over my shoulder as I solve problems for every single math issue you’ll encounter in class. We start from the beginning… I explain the problem setup and why I set it up that way, the steps I take and why I take them, how to work through the yucky, fuzzy middle parts, and how to simplify the answer when you get it.
Notes: The notes section of each lesson is where you find the most important things to remember. It’s like Cliff Notes for books, but for math. Everything you need to know to pass your class and nothing you don’t.
Quizzes: When you think you’ve got a good grasp on a topic within a course, you can test your knowledge by taking one of the quizzes. If you pass, great! If not, you can review the videos and notes again or ask for help in the Q&A section.
Workbooks: Want even more practice? When you’ve finished the section, you can review everything you’ve learned by working through the bonus workbook. The workbooks include tons of extra practice problems, so they’re a great way to solidify what you just learned in that section.
YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- Lifetime access to Become an Algebra Master
- Friendly support in the Q&A section
- Udemy Certificate of Completion available for download
- 30-day money back guarantee
Who this course is for
- Current Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 students, or students about to start algebra who are looking to get ahead
- Homeschool parents looking for extra support with algebra
- Anyone who wants to study math for fun after being away from school for a while